In my early dating years, I dated a young man who came from a Greek background. His Mom made an awesome baked Greek lemon chicken that I've never forgotten. She cut up the chicken into into their usual individual pieces, except she cut the breast and wing portion into two equal pieces. This recipe reminds me of the first time I had her baked chicken except I'm referring to it as "restaurant style" because I've left the chicken cut in half as you would get it in a restaurant.
Note: I liked the picture without the potatoes so much better you don't see them here.
Greek Lemon Chicken with Potatoes - Restaurant Style
1 whole chicken 3 - 5 lbs.
1 extra large russet potato
juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken in half by cutting along each side of the backbone.
2) Flip the chicken over, and cut along the breast bone until you have two pieces.
3) Gather and measure the spices into a small bowl add enough olive oil to make a paste.
4) Squeeze lemon for juice, pat chicken dry with paper towel, place chicken in a 9" x 13" baker, and drizzle with lemon juice.
5) Divide paste and rub evenly over chicken.
6) Cut potato into equal pieces, coat with olive oil, and place around chicken.
7) Bake chicken for 1 1/2 hours and enjoy the rich, juicy flavors.