Oven-Roasted Shrimp with Garlic-Butter Zip Sauce
2 lbs of shell-on jumbo shrimp 16-20 per pound (Note: I halved this recipe in this pictorial)
1/4 cup of salt
3/4 stick of butter
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 handful of parsley leaves, minced
lemon wedges for garnish, optional
1. Dissolve salt in 1 quart of water in a large bowl. I've been lucky enough to find shrimp that are already deveined with the shell on, but if that isn't available we might need to cut through the shell and devein ourselves. Keeping the shell on is an important step to keeping the shrimp from drying out. Brine the shrimp in the salt water in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. Mix butter, garlic and minced parsley together with a fork in a small bowl (unless you already have this ready to go in the fridge, in which case you just need to bring it to room temperature).
3. Pre heat the oven to the low broil temperature setting, remove the shrimp from the brine and pat dry with paper towel.
4. Rub all the shrimp with the butter mixture. Be sure to get butter mixture between the shell and the shrimp. Then place shrimp on a wire rack/baking sheet combo.
5. Broil shrimp 4 inches below the heating element on the first side for 2 to 4 minutes, rotating the baking sheet 180 degrees at the halfway point. Flip the shrimp over to the second side and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, rotating again at the halfway point.
6. These shrimp go well with "smashed 'cauliflower' potatoes"and "roasted asparagus."