Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Frittata
10 oz package of frozen cut leaf spinach (or chop equivilqant fresh spinach)
2 - 3 fresh Roma tomatoes, diced, or 1 (14.5) oz can of dices tomatoes, drained
1 small to medium onion, small dice
4 - 5 large eggs
4 oz feta (use low fat for The South Beach and regular for The New Atkins)
4 oz shredded Mozzarella (use low fat for South Beach and regular for The New Atkins)
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 pinch of thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Gather and prep the ingredients. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 10-inch non-stick oven-proof frying pan until it shimmers, and add the diced onion. Cook the onion on medium heat until it is translucent about 5 minutes.
2. Slice the tomato from stem to root in three even slices, remove the core, and then cut the slices to create the dices.
3. Add the diced tomatoes to the onions, add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for another minute or two or until the tomatoes have melted into the onions.
4. Incorporate the drained spinach with the tomato mixture and sauté for another minute. Shut off the heat to the pan.
5. Crack and beat the eggs in a small bowl. Pour the eggs evenly over the spinach and tomato mixture. Using a fork or spatula gently work the eggs evenly into the vegetables.
6. Sprinkle the frittata with 4 oz of feta cheese.
7. Add another 4oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake the frittata in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is lightly brown and bubbly. Slice to create 6 pieces or in quarters for a generous portion.