Emeril's Paneed Pork Medallions

I made this recipe the other day simply because I had all the ingredients in the house.  I had four thinly sliced loin chops in the fridge, so I searched for a recipe that I could make without having to run to the store. Truth be known, it wasn't easy finding a recipe for which I had all the ingredients even though I have a pretty descent pantry.  There were several recipes that sounded good, but I was missing one or two important ingredients. My search brought me to Emeril's recipe for Paneed Pork.  This recipe also calls for Emeril's Creole Seasoning.  There are only two things I did differently.  1) I cut the recipe in half since I had four loin chops instead of eight. 2) Since the creole seasoning was in the flour, egg wash and bread crumbs I did not start by sprinkling the seasoning on the meat itself.  I am glad that I did not, because I think it would have been too over powering.  As it turned out, this dish was pretty spicy.  However, if you like your food super spicy then go for it.  I did not make the herbed spaetzle this time around, since I had left over "smashed cauliflower-potatoes" (more on that later). I would call this recipe a success, and I would definitely make it again.  Finally, at the risk of sounding ignorant, "Paneed" is really a word!  At first I thought it was a typo and somebody meant to type "Panned."  From what I can tell after a little internet research, it means breaded and pan fried with oil. Enjoy!



Print Friendly and PDF


Emeril Inspired Paneed Pork Medallions - Dinner for Two

4 3-ounce pork loin slices (1/2" thick)
3 teaspoons creole spice
Scant 1/2 cup flour
1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
3 tablespoons oil

Creole Seasoning - (Bayou Blast)

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

1) mix together - yields 2/3 cup

For Medallions

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pound pork medallions to 1/2 inch thickness, if necessary. Season flour, egg wash and bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon creole spic each.  
2) Dredge pork in seasoned flour, dip in egg mixture, then coat thoroughly with crumbs, shaking off excess after each layer.
3) In an overproof saute pan heat oil, add pork  and cook until first side is golden.  Turn medallions and transfer pan to oven to finish cooking.

Comments

Popular Posts