Multigrain Pancakes with Wild Blueberry-Maple Syrup

I have wanted to make this recipe for over a year now.  Almost everyday I would walk by my coffee table and see these pancakes on the cover of my February 2008 edition of bon appetit.  I don't know why I waited so long to make these, but I won't wait very long before I make them again.




Print Friendly and PDF


Multigrain Pancakes with Wild Blueberry-Maple Syrup (adapted from bon appetit)

1 (8 oz) container of organic maple syrup (I found this at Trader Joe's)
1 cup frozen organic wild main blueberries (I found these at Trader Joe's)
2 cups multigrain baking and pancake mix (you guessed it - Trader Joe's)
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
6 tablespoons wheat germ
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
butter
canola oil


1) Boil syrup and blueberries in a heavy saucepan until reduced to 1 cup (about 13 minutes).  Cool to lukewarm.

2) Combine pancake mix, buttermilk, eggs, wheat germ, vanilla, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the syrup.

3) Heat a small pat of butter and 2 teaspoons of canola oil in a pan.  (The butter browned too quickly and was very smokey, the oil didn't brown the pancakes enough, but the combo worked great).  Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into pan making 3 to 4 inch rounds.  Cook pancakes until brown and cooked through (about 2 minutes per side).  Transfer to plates and keep in the oven on a warm setting until all remaining batter is cooked.  Serve with syrup.


Comments

Popular Posts