Quick Fish Tacos

I believe I have mentioned that I love shopping at Trader Joe's. Here is another reason why. I am always excited to find out what they are serving up for customers to sample. One day they were serving their lightly breaded fish sticks. Now I will admit that I had already bought them before, and I knew that they were good - but I ate a sample anyway. Within the 10 second conversation that I had with that friendly Trader Joe's employee (they hire great people - they are always friendly) she told me how she uses the fish sticks to make fish tacos. What an epiphany. The following recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight since dinner can be on the table in 30 minutes.



Print Friendly and PDF


Quick Fish Tacos

1 package of frozen fish sticks (I use Trader Joe's Brand)
2 Cups of shredded red cabbage (I use Trader Joe's pre shredded)
2 Tablespoons Ranch dressing
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 Tablespoons fresh Cilantro
1 package of corn tortillas (I have used low carb flour, and sprouted corn tortillas)

1) Preheat oven and bake fish sticks according to package directions
2) Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl
3) Heat tortillas in microwave or with a small amount of oil frying pan (stacking on a plate as heated)
4) Assemble using two to three fish sticks per taco and a scoop of the cabbage mixture, or let everyone build their own.

Serve with sour cream, avocado, salsa, and a side of refried beans

Note: my absolute favorite salsa is Trader Joe's Homestyle Salsa Especial - Medium. I am determined to figure out a comparable recipe.

Comments

  1. Thought I would revisit this recipe.
    I'm looking for an exciting new topping
    to dress the fish tacos with. m.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts