Pan Seared Talapia with Browned Butter Lemon Sauce
Okay, I know fish is good for you because it is full of heart healthy Omega - 3s. And, because it is so good for you I want to increase the amount of it I eat. Unfortunately, when I cook fish it is hit or miss. Truth be told, seafood is the ingredient that I am most uncomfortable with in the kitchen. I have a tendency to over cook it. I order fish at restaurants more than I cook it at home and I want that to change. I am very pleased with my first attempt at this new recipe. Even my husband liked it - which is a really big deal when it comes to fish.
3 Talapia Fillets - thawed
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons of Ghee (clarified butter)
1 Cup of Chicken Broth
Juice of 1 small lemon
1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of white pepper
cracked pepper to taste
1) Melt ghee in a sauce pan over medium heat. Continue to heat for three more minutes until the color turns deep gold.
2) Remove from heat and carefully (there will be spatter) add the chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper
3) Reduce the sauce over medium heat. Let simmer over medium heat until only 1/3 cup (eyeball it) remains.
4) Rinse and pat dry talapia fillets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Sear fish fillets 3 to 4 minutes each side.
5) Pour sauce over fish and serve.