Salt and Pepper Roasted Chicken

Update 9/9/2019: I started this blog in 2009 as an online journal to chronicle my journey and record my favorite recipes. Ten years later I can look back and see how much I’ve learned. As I reduced the amount of processed food in my pantry and freezer, I began preparing more and more meals from scratch. This resulted in a change in tastes, likes, and desires. So much, in fact, that I feel it’s time to launch and entirely new blog! I'm going to keep this blog up and running just in case people have linked or pinned the recipes. Here's a link to this recipe on the new site.


 I have made this recipe several times now, and it just keeps getting better and better. I used to try to put all sorts of spices on top of the chicken, stuffed inside of the chicken, stuffed in between the skin and the chicken (not that there is anything wrong with any of that), but this is a simple way to have roasted chicken even on a weeknight - golden brown, juicy and delicious.



Print Friendly and PDF


Salt and Pepper Roasted Chicken

whole chicken, thawed
salt and pepper

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Rinse a thawed whole chicken under cool water and dry thoroughly with several paper towels
3) Place toweled dried chicken in a roasting dish, fold wing tips behind the bird, and sprinkle with salt and pepper
4) Bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1.5 hours until golden brown and thermometer in the thigh area reads 165 degrees
5) I carve a chicken like Alton Brown carves a turkey

Comments

  1. There are foodies and then there are foodies. I'm glad for your discriminating good taste. Keep em comin'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts