You know I love to cook. Sometimes that means I make a mess in my kitchen, and then there is a big clean up. I do have a wonderful husband who helps a lot with the dishes, but I never want to take his help for granted. Isn't it great to find tasty healthy dishes with minimal clean up? Here is a delicious recipe that takes minimal effort to make and clean up, perfect for a great week night meal.
Baked Mediterranean Chicken and Tomatoes
2 Chicken Breasts
1 pint container of cherry or grape tomatoes
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon dehydrated garlic granules
1/8 cup crushed pine nuts
1/8 cup Parmesan
salt and pepper
fresh basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350. Wash tomatoes. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Hand toss with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper, and 1 teaspoon of dehydrated garlic granules. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
2. While tomatoes are baking, butterfly the chicken breasts like I showed in the Spicy Almond-Encrusted Chicken Breast post.
3. Place the four chicken halves in a shallow dish with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. This helps to keep the chicken from drying out when baking.
4. In another small bowl mix the crushed pine nuts, Parmesan, and salt and pepper.
5. After 35 to 40 minutes remove tomatoes from the oven. Move tomatoes to 1/2 of the baking sheet. Arrange the chicken pieces on the other half of the baking sheet. Divide the pine nut topping between the four chicken breast halves only coating the tops.
6. Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. (It is very easy to overcook the chicken so be careful).
7. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with green beans.