Swiss Chard with Cannellini Beans and Bacon
One bunch of Swiss chard, stems and vein removed
2 tablespoons of olive oil (optional: a little extra drizzle before serving)
1/2 can of a 15 oz can of cannellini beans, drained
2 slices of bacon, crumbled
salt and pepper
1. Wash Swiss chard, pat dry with paper towels, and remove stems along with the thick part of the vein.
2. Chop Swiss chard into 1 inch by 2 inch strips. Finely chop shallots and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil oil in a large frying pan.
3. Saute shallots in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring often until soft.
4. Add Swiss chard and stir until not quite wilted.
5. Add cannellini beans, and continue to saute until greens are wilted and beans are warm.