Mom's Potato Salad
5 lb bag of russet potatoes
1 lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 to 6 stalks of celery, chopped
7 eggs, hard boiled (6 chopped, one sliced)
2 cups of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon of white pepper
1) Wash and boil the whole potatoes until fork tender 35 to 45 minutes (low boil).
2) Hard boil 7 eggs - I used an fun appliance my Mom bought me for Easter called "Egg Head" (similar to this egg cooker).
NOTE: if you want to make hard boiled eggs without an appliance review this link
Simply Recipes: How to make perfect hard boiled eggs
3) Bake the bacon - see recipe here.
4) Chop one medium onion and an equal amount of celery, about 3 to 6 stalks depending on size.
5) Peel the cooled potatoes.
6) Dice the potatoes and place in large mixing bowl.
7) Add onions, celery, and chopped eggs to the diced potatoes. (For the hard boiled eggs, I used a standard egg slicer by slicing the egg horizontally and vertically). Save one egg for garnish.
8) Add crumbled bacon saving a small handful for garnish. (I like to use kitchen scissors to cut small strips). Top with 2 cups of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper.
9) Gently mix until all ingredients are completely incorporated, and garnish with sliced egg and bacon.
Note: I've also doubled the recipe for a huge crowd and used a red, white, and blue potato combination.