2 lbs. frozen shredded hash browns, thawed for 30 minutes (I used a 1 lb. 14 oz. bag - they must have shrunk over the years)
1 small can of cream of chicken soup
1 16 oz. tub of sour cream
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 stick of butter melted
1 cup onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup corn flakes or potato chips, optional (I didn't have either this time)
1) This is pretty difficult. Are you ready? Mix all the ingredients and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
2. I was so lazy I didn't even mix the ingredients in a bowl first. The stone I used is seasoned so if you are using a 9 x 13 glass dish you may want to butter the dish. Add the cheese to the potatoes.
4. Add cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onions, melted butter, salt and pepper (I know you don't see the diced onion but do you really need to see another picture of a diced onion?)
5. Mix well (hmmm suddenly having fantasies about adding diced ham, crumbles bacon or prosciutto).
6. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.