Rotisserie Chicken Breasts

The nick name for this recipe in my house is "Saturday Chicken" because it does take a little advanced planning.  Saturday is a perfect day for preparing this recipe.  Since I buy mostly organic now, I chose not to purchase ready-made rotisserie chicken from the grocery store anymore.  That's okay because I have a Showtime Rotisserie on my kitchen counter.  I don't have an outdoor barbecue, but I do have this rotisserie, and I love it.  I'm sure this recipe will be just as delicious baked in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes.


Print Friendly and PDF

Rotisserie Chicken Breasts
4 bone in skin on chicken breasts

For the brine
1/8 heaping cup of salt
At least 1 quart of water, or enough to cover the chicken

For the dry rub
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
1/8 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
1 pinch of cayenne

1) Place chicken in a pot with brine ingredients and refrigerate for 3 1/2 hours.



2)  Dry chicken thoroughly on paper towels, and season with dry rub evenly.


3) Place in a zip lock bag and let "marinate" in the refrigerator up to another 3 1/2 hours (or overnight if you like).


4) Arrange chicken in a rotisserie rack (or place on sheet pan), and cook for 45 to 50 minutes until temperature is 160 degrees.


5)  Be prepared for moist and deliciously seasoned chicken.

Comments

Popular Posts