Corn Pudding

I never had corn pudding before, until my husband and I were invited to a friend's house for dinner.  Our hostess served corn pudding with spiral sliced ham.  I can hardly believe that I haven't experienced this combination before.  I'm very grateful to have received the following recipe, and will likely serve corn pudding with my spiral hams in the future.  Recently, I doubled the recipe for a church potluck.  Many people that tried it had never had it before either.  Guess what? They discovered they liked corn pudding too.  In addition to ham, corn pudding goes well with pork or steak.



Print Friendly and PDF


Corn Pudding
2 cups corn (I used frozen white petite corn)
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of butter
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 3/4 cups of milk

1. Blend melted butter, sugar, flour and salt


2.  Add eggs beating well


3. Stir in corn and milk

4.  Pour ingredients in a buttered casserole and bake 45 minutes at 325 degrees. (Use a small square casserole if making the recipe as is, if doubling, use a 9 x 13 casserole dish as pictured)

5.  Stir once halfway through cooking (when done, the pudding will be lightly golden brown and a knife will come out clean)

Note:  The mixture can be made the night before and kept in a jar in the refrigerator.  Shake well and pour into buttered baking dish when ready.

Comments

  1. Great recipe - made a few substitues for what I had on hand -- 2 pkgs of Green Giant white corn in butter sauce and didn't add additional butter. Used 1.5 cups of half and half instead of milk. Turned out great -- quick and easy. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to let you know that I'll be trying the half and half idea. My guess, I'll be updating the recipe for half and half instead of milk. Thanks for letting me know! Michle

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts