Mom's Wax Beans With Buttered Bread Crumbs
4 Cups of whole fresh wax beans, or 2 (15) oz. cans drained (if using canned beans skip step 1 & 2)
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup of white bread crumbs
1) Wash and trim wax beans into thirds (or one inch pieces).
2) Steam the beans for 15 to 18 minutes using an electric steamer or double boiler.
3) Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
4) Add wax beans and toss to coat in butter.
5) Add 1/2 cup of white bread crumbs and continue to cook until bread crumbs are toasted (about another 10 to 15 minutes). Salt to taste.
6) Mom's wax beans with buttered bread crumbs go really well with spicy pork loin chops.