Spinach Salad with Turkey and Pomegranate Seeds

I don't know about you but after a couple of days of leftover turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, casseroles, and gravy - I want a salad. I crave salad. I need a salad.  I created this colorful and refreshing concoction from items in my refrigerator.  This salad scratched the itch so-to-speak.




Print Friendly and PDF

Spinach Salad with Turkey and Pomegranate Seeds
3 oz of baby spinach leaves
3 oz leftover turkey, torn
fresh seeds from 1/4 of a pomegranate
2 - 3 tablespoons of your favorite ranch dressing (still working on a homemade version)
red onions to taste
fresh cracked pepper to taste (optional)

1. Gather all the ingredients into one place.



2. In a medium sized bowl toss spinach leaves with ranch dressing.



3. Add torn turkey and red onions.



4. Squeeze 1/4 of a pomegranate into a bowl or dish.



5. Add seeds, cracked pepper if desired, and dig in.  I think some people wonder if they should eat the pomegranate seed or not.  I found a post on this very subject at about.com.


Comments

Popular Posts