2 slices of good quality sandwich bread
1 handful of baby spinach leaves
3 oz of leftover turkey, torn
1 to 2 oz of cheese (Swiss, Colby, muenster, or whatever you have on hand - I used mild cheddar)
2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise, divided
1 Tablespoon of cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon of yellow mustard or dijon (I'm a huge fan of simple yellow mustard)
1. Gather all your ingredients in one place.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard.
3. Spread the mayonnaise and mustard mixture on one side of a piece of bread.
4. Pile the torn turkey on top of the mayonnaise and mustard mixture.
5. Place the spinach leaves on top of the turkey.
6. Cover the spinach with the cheese slices.
7. Mix the remaining mayonnaise with the cranberry sauce.
8. Spread the mayonnaise and cranberry mixture on one side of the other piece of bread.
9. Butter the outside of both sides of the sandwich.
10. Place sandwich in a panini press, George Foreman grill, grill pan, or frying pan. I used my George Foreman grill and my sandwich was ready in four minutes.
11. Cut the sandwich diagonally and serve.