3 to 4 ripe avocados (I usually use 4)
1 lime, juiced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves, minced
Other great ingredients to add to taste
1/4 cup of red onion, minced (optional)
tomato, diced (optional)
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
chili powder (optional)
cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Cut avocados in half.
2. Carefully hit the avocado seed with a large sharp knife. Instead of holding the avocado half in your hand (as pictured) it will be safer to place it on a cutting board.
3. Lift the knife to remove the seed.
4. Cut a criss cross pattern in the avocado without cutting through the skin.
5. Use a large spoon to scoop out the avocado cubes into a bowl.
6. Mince the cilantro and garlic clove, and add the juice of the lime to the avocado mixture.
7. Mix the guacamole with a fork until you reach the consistency that you like. I like my guacamole chunky, but if you prefer it completely smooth you can use an immersion blender to make it smooth. Add salt to taste.