Monday, May 6, 2013

Fresh and Simple Guacamole

I have to confess that I've made this guacamole recipe a few times. The problem is that I'm usually whipping it up so fast I forget to take pictures of all the steps.  Now, I think I have enough pictures to piece together for a blog post.  I just made this for a Cinco de Mayo potluck and quadrupled the recipe. I rarely have leftovers.  I remember one time that I was making batches as fast as people were eating it. This is a good basic recipe for guacamole. The avocado, lime, garlic, and cilantro flavors meld and soar together in this simple recipe.  However, depending on who you are serving (kids, adults, or a combination) feel free to add more or less of the basic ingredients, and any or all of the optional list.



Print Friendly and PDF


Fresh and Simple Guacamole
3 to 4 ripe avocados (I usually use 4)
1 lime, juiced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves, minced
sea salt

Other great ingredients to add to taste
1/4 cup of red onion, minced (optional)
tomato, diced (optional)
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
chili powder (optional)
cumin (optional)
cayenne pepper (optional)

1. Cut avocados in half.



2. Carefully hit the avocado seed with a large sharp knife. Instead of holding the avocado half in your hand (as pictured) it will be safer to place it on a cutting board. 


3. Lift the knife to remove the seed.




4. Cut a criss cross pattern in the avocado without cutting through the skin.



5. Use a large spoon to scoop out the avocado cubes into a bowl.


6. Mince the cilantro and garlic clove, and add the juice of the lime to the avocado mixture.



7. Mix the guacamole with a fork until you reach the consistency that you like. I like my guacamole chunky, but if you prefer it completely smooth you can use an immersion blender to make it smooth. Add salt to taste.



4 comments:

  1. Perfect guacamole for tortilla chips, tacos, burritos and so much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I love guacamole! Thank you for sharing this recipe at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fresh guacamole is the only way to enjoy guacamole in my opinion! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love guacamole. California (Hass) Avocados are the best. The avos here in Florida are very bland.

    Thanks so much for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Hope to see you again.

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/07/tuesdays-with-twist-14-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...