Egg in a Basket
1 piece of bread (I used a slice from Pain Ordinaire in a Bread Machine)
salt and pepper
1. Using a thin lipped glass or biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the bread slice.
2. Butter both sides of the bread and place in a pre heated frying pan. Cook over medium heat until the first side is golden brown.
3. Flip the slice of bread to the other side. Turn down the heat to medium low.
4. Place a small pat of butter in the center of the hole and crack an egg inside the hole.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired and cover the pan to help cook the egg white.
6. Check the egg every 30 seconds until the egg is cooked to your desired consistency. I like the white completely set with the yolk creamy for dunking the toast.
Note: you can also toast/grill the center piece of bread for extra toast.
Link Party Links: Sunny Simple Life