Cantaloupe Sorbet (adapted from Alton Brown's Melon Sorbet)
2 limes, juiced
1 cup of sugar or Xylitol (I used Xylitol which has 1/3 fewer calories)
4 tablespoons of vodka
1. Cut cantaloupe in half (stem to stem), and cut in half again in the same direction.
2. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Cut the skin off and cut the melon wedge into cubes. Puree the melon in batches (I have a nine cup processor so it only took two batches).
4. In the last batch add lime juice, sugar, and vodka. Process mixture for another 30 seconds.
6. Pour the melon mixture into your ice cream maker. I had exactly 6 cups which is the maximum my machine holds. I let the machine churn for 25 - 30 minutes.
7. Pour mixture in a freezer safe storage and container and freeze until you are ready to serve (at least 3 hours).
You might also like:
Melon Sorbet - Simply Recipes
Easy Melon Sorbet (doesn't require an ice cream machine)