Simple Chimichurri Sauce

Update 9/9/2019: I started this blog in 2009 as an online journal to chronicle my journey and record my favorite recipes. Ten years later I can look back and see how much I’ve learned. As I reduced the amount of processed food in my pantry and freezer, I began preparing more and more meals from scratch. This resulted in a change in tastes, likes, and desires. So much, in fact, that I feel it’s time to launch and entirely new blog! I'm going to keep this blog up and running just in case people have linked or pinned the recipes. Here's a link to this recipe on the new site.

Chimichurri is a sauce or marinade for grilled meats and vegetables. The main ingredients are parsley, olive oil and a little acid. The sauce can very greatly from recipe to recipe. Personally, I don’t like too much vinegar or acid. Also, I don’t like it too chunky. I’ve experienced both. I’ve landed on this basic Chimichurri sauce that I can always “fancy up” with more garlic, herbs, onions, and anything else I think up if I’m in the mood. Bonus, the flavors are mild enough to be more kid friendly.






Simple Chimichurri Sauce
1 cup of fresh parsley
1/3 good quality olive oil
2 small garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
Juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tablespoons) or, red wine vinegar

1. Place 1 cup of parsley, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, cumin, and the juice of one lime into a food processor. Drizzle olive oil on low.



2. Drizzle over grilled beef, chicken, fish, or vegetables.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts