1 tablespoon olive, oil
6 scallions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of tomatoes, drained
1 small can of fire roasted green chilies
1 small bunch of cilantro, plus more for garnish
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup mexican blend cheese or combination of 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack
Sour cream for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a nonstick 10 inch skillet with an ovenproof handle, heat the olive oil over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the green onions and cook, uncovered, until soft -- about 5 minutes.
2) Add the garlic, black beans, tomatoes, fire roasted green chilies, cilantro and pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3) In a small bowl whisk together the eggs. Pour the eggs into the skillet and gently blend with the bean and vegetable mixture.
4) Top the uncooked frittata with shredded cheese
5) Place the skillet in the oven and bake the frittata, uncovered, until brown and bubbly -- about 45 minutes (keep an eye on it -- ovens vary and I'm in the mile high city). Serve with sour cream and cilantro.