Ham Buns

I'm not sure where this tradition started, but I'm glad for it.  I was introduced to "ham buns" around the first of February last year. The youth group in our church sold them for $2.50 each (and they freeze well). Until that point in my life the closest thing to a "ham bun" I ever had was a ham and cheese sandwich.  These are way better than a simple ham sandwich because of the "secret sauce."  Recently, when some ladies at my church suggested making ham buns for a pot luck, I was so excited because I knew I would be able to score the "secret sauce" recipe, and I did! (We actually made 90 ham buns for about $50.00 dollars because we bought our ingredients at Sam's Club).




Print Friendly and PDF

Ham Buns
1 recipe secret sauce
10-12 dinner rolls, or hamburger buns
10-12 slices of lunchmeat ham (or leftover ham)
10-12 slices of american or cheddar cheese
tin foil for wrapping


For the secret sauce
1/4 cup of butter, softened
2 teaspoons of yellow mustard
2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
2 teaspoons of minced onions
- mix all ingredients together

1) Slice rolls in half.


2) Spread bottom half of roll with secret sauce.


3)  Add one slice of ham.



4) Add one slice of cheese.


5) Wrap in tin foil.


6) Heat at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or in a warm oven for up to one hour.  (For our church pot luck we had all 90 sandwiches divided between two electric roaster inserts, inside warm 250 degree ovens for one hour). Ham buns go great with Mom's Potato Salad.

Comments

Popular Posts