Cinnamon Ice Cream
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
1 1/8 cups of sugar
2 cups of half and half
1 cup of whipping cream
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (using a quality extract will make a difference)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
rolled wafers, optional garnish
1. Blend whole milk and sugar together. I used my KitchenAid but you can use a bowl and electric blender or you can whip by hand. Mix on low until sugar is melted into the milk.
2. Add the vanilla extract to the milk and sugar.
3. Add the cinnamon to the milk and sugar.
4. Add 2 cups of half and half and 1 cup of whipping cream to the milk and sugar mixture.
5. Add the ice cream base to the ice cream maker.
6. Follow your ice cream maker's instructions. We spin the Cuisinart for 30 minutes before transferring it to a separate container to harden in the freezer. This is what it looked like after 30 minutes.
7. Use a spatula and scrape the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Keep in the freezer unit 5 minutes before you need to serve it for dessert.
Note: I personally like making the ice cream the day before I need to serve it.
Link Party Links: Call me PMc, Love in the Kitchen, Tumbleweed Contessa, Watch Out Martha!