Thanksgiving Leftover Panini with Turkey Gravy

Even though I loved the Spinach, Turkey and Cheese Panini with Mayonnaise that I posted a few days ago - my husband doesn't want to eat it.  Yes, this is a shocker. I know. He loves my cooking as long as it doesn't contain any condiments besides ketchup or barbecue sauce. That means no mayonnaise, mustard, or cranberry sauce - all of which appear in my last panini. My challenge, unbeknownst to my husband, was to create a panini without condiments.  I found a great combination that we both love, but I still added cranberry sauce to my half!



Print Friendly and PDF

Thanksgiving Leftover Panini with Turkey Gravy
2 slices of quality sandwich bread
3 oz of leftover classic turkey stuffing
3 oz of roaster turkey, torn
1 kale leaf
soft butter
leftover homemade turkey gravy, reheated
leftover cranberry sauce (I added it to my half)

1. Spread leftover stuffing on one side of a piece of bread.



2. Place the torn turkey on top of the stuffing.



3. Add the kale leaf.



4. Butter the outside of both sides of the sandwich.



5. Place sandwich in a panini press, George Foreman grill, grill pan, or frying pan.  I used my George Foreman grill and my sandwich was ready in four minutes.



6. Cut the sandwich diagonally and serve with a small ramekin of reheated homemade turkey gravy.



Option 1: after grilling add leftover cranberry sauce on the kale side of the sandwich.




Option 2: serve with Spinach Salad with Turkey and Pomegranate Seeds.


Comments

  1. If we can eat beef dips why not turkey dips.
    I love gravy any way it is served.m

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts